|This resource can be used in a number of ways, including: |
1. As a standalone unit of for work for Personal, Social and Health Education (PSHE), for Schools or Youth Clubs.
2. As a school Linking project via PSHE.
3. As a school Linking project via both PSHE and Sport.
4. As a school Linking project via both PSHE and Art activities.
5. As part of a school linking / transition project, with the final activity taking place at the High School.
Pupils form many of their opinions and develop their views in line with the society in which they live, and are heavily influenced by their peers and others.
These materials seek to examine and explore these views:
- To enable pupils to think about the consequences of their views and their actions.
- To help them develop respect and tolerance towards others – including people of all faiths, races and cultures. These are key elements in promoting "fundamental British Values".
More specifically these materials seek to:
- Promote a better understanding amongst young people of cultural diversity and different faiths both locally and nationally.
- Help young people understand the effect of their actions and attitudes towards other people.
- Enable young people to recognise the nature and consequences of discrimination, bullying and aggressive behaviour and how to challenge such behaviour appropriately.
- Develop communication, examination, participation and enquiry skills amongst young people.
These materials can be accessed free of charge by schools across the Lancashire region. If you are a school in Lancashire, Blackpool or Blackburn with Darwen, please contact the EM/GRT e-mail address below using your school e-mail account and access details will be sent to you.
Non-Lancashire region schools are able to access the materials at a one-off cost of £50. Please e-mail your order request to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Optional add-on packages which include access to training and support for delivery can be purchased at an additional cost.
Please contact EM/GRT Support to discuss your requirements: email@example.com
For information about further training opportunities, please visit the Ethnic Minority and Gypsy, Roma and Traveller Achievement Service website
A selection of SCARF2 resource examples are shown below